The purpose of Charters Towers Chamber of Commerce is quite simple – it is a group of people dedicateed to protecting and promoting the local business community. The Chambers primary objective is to help business owner’s grow and prosper
Opportunities for growth (professionally and individually)
- Access to resources (call on other members/experts for advice)
- Community involvement (allows members to give back to the community)
- Camaraderie (a place to troubleshoot and support one another)
The Charters Towers Chamber of Commerce has well respected reputation and many consumers have a positive opinion of members and their businesses. According to a 2014 study conducted by the Schapiro Group, 49% of consumers were more likely to think favourably of a local business if it was a member of the local Chamber and 80% were more likely to purchase a product or service from a Chamber member.
The Chamber of Commerce will also offer its members:
- Political lobbying on behalf of their members and their business community
- Helping to attract new business to their community
- Providing business assistance and other informational services
- Offering educational programs – seminars, workshops, etc.
- Scheduling networking opportunities and special events
Put in what you want to get out
Only when you actively participate, volunteer and join committees do you truly get opportunities to form valuable business relationships. Overall most business owners feel a Chamber of Commerce membership is beneficial to have.